|Suite 100 601 Bank Street Ottawa, ON K1S 3T4|
Join our team!
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community, to participate in a program that has a real impact on the lives of kids and their families and if you are interested in being a part of a small exemplary team in an energetic and creative work environment, this might be the right opportunity for you!
Kids Up Front Foundation Ottawa is a registered charity that redistributes event tickets that would otherwise go unsold or unused to deserving children, youth and their families in our community. We are looking to hire a Program Coordinator to help execute the day-to-day program duties and to assist the Executive Director in continuing to grow our program in the Ottawa Area. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, and an opportunity for you to love your job! Although a demanding role, few opportunities of this caliber are often offered.
Ideally the right candidate would have the following skills and attributes:
- be passionate, organized, enthusiastic, and team oriented
- be comfortable working independently, be able to advocate, exercise good judgement and problem-solve quickly
- have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- have a good understanding of digital marketing and be social media savvy – including Facebook, Twitter, and Hootsuite
- understand the dynamics of the not-for-profit sector and bilingualism would both be an asset
- a post-secondary degree in a relevant field including but not limited to: early childhood education, child development, community outreach, social work, sports and recreation, business administration, event management, non-profit leadership or fundraising
- and most importantly, you must enjoy working with children and their families (therefore please note that a criminal record check and child intervention check are mandatory)
- collect donated event tickets, maintain accurate ticket and donor records, data entry and preparing statistical reports
- provide ongoing program support for partnering agencies and provide training for ticket contacts
- clearly organize priorities and daily deadlines while maintaining the organization and redistribution of over 12,000 ticket opportunities annually
- provide exceptional customer service and technical skills, knowledge of our city, events and social services sector
We strongly value diversity and welcome resumes from all qualified applicants who fit our specific work culture. If you think this might be a role for you, please tell us why your experience and passion would be a great fit for our team by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, September 1. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.