Program Coordinator: Kids Up Front Foundation Ottawa Job Description (2019)
Full-time position, 35 hours per week, starting June 1st until August 30th, 2019. Flexible starting date.
We are a small start-up team looking for a dynamic individual who is keen to be a part of a well-organized grassroots initiative. This is a unique opportunity to learn about the non-profit sector while shadowing an Executive Director in their day-to-day operations. We are looking for a candidate who can work in a team dynamic or independently, is self-starting, mature, professional, and above all else – is passionate about helping our Ottawa community and families.
Our leadership team, Board of Directors, and Board committee members will ensure you feel supported in your learning experience with Kids Up Front Ottawa. Throughout this placement you will receive a wide variety of experiences in the charitable sector and communications field, including: community program development and delivery, stakeholder engagement, donor stewardship, creating social media content and community relations, grant writing and venue solicitations, and sponsorship/partnership development. The Program Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director in supporting the daily operations of the Kids Up Front Ottawa ‘Can’t Use Your Ticket’ Program and will be invited to participate and learn from scheduled board and committee meetings.
Kids Up Front Foundation Ottawa (KUFO) is a charitable organization that receives donations of event tickets from event providers, corporations and individuals. These tickets would otherwise go unused. The donated event tickets are distributed through our network of child serving agencies to deserving youth, children and families in our community. KUFO began operations in Ottawa on April 2, 2017, and has been rapidly expanding since. This is an opportunity to gain not-for-profit experience with a grassroots/startup organization, which has a proven and very successful program delivery model – as demonstrated in four existing regions in Canada: Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver – www.kidsupfront.com
KUFFO is a small organization led by an experienced Executive Director and governed by a board of 12 community members. The office is centrally located at 601 Bank Street, Ottawa. Parking is available.
Skills and Strengths
- Self-starting and demonstrates a keen ability to initiate projects;
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy – including WordPress, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Adept at coordinating multiple time-sensitive projects and deadlines;
- Social media savvy – including Facebook, Twitter, and Hootsuite;
- Knowledge of InDesign, Canva or other basic graphic art software would be an asset;
- Assist with creating a written communications and social media strategy – with the assistance of the Kids Up Front communications and marketing committee;
- Creating daily and weekly content for donor thank-you letters, community newsletters, and weekly program blog posts;
- Maintenance of website and social media content;
- Process ticket donations received throughout the week with the pacific processes are taken care mulberry maids fort collins – receiving and distributing event tickets via an online database;
- Monitor ticket pick-up, use, and reporting client feedback;
- Maintain and update donor and ticket information in our custom database.
- Support office administrative functions:
- Administrative support to the Executive Director;
- Prepare mailing lists and manage mail-outs;
- Draft documents and correspondence – previous grant writing experience would be an asset;
- Answer phone calls.
Applicants should have a valid Driver’s License, Camera and/or Camera phone and be available after hours and on weekends on occasion (lead time provided).
Criminal record check and child intervention check are mandatory.
Cover letters and resume can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org