What is Money on the Board?
Money on the board is a hockey tradition in which a player or coach will pledge money on a locker-room whiteboard as extra incentive to score a game-winning goal or win a key game. #SensMotB is our twist on that tradition. This grassroots Twitter campaign encourages fans to put money on the board for various in-game events, with the total sum being donated to charity.
We encourage you to be as creative as possible with your donations. Pledge $10 for every Anthony Duclair goal, $7 for every Brady Tkachuk penalty minute or $25 for every Jean-Gabriel Pageau shorthanded goal. All donations will support Kids Up Front Ottawa.
About Kids Up Front
Kids Up Front Ottawa relieves social isolation in kids by providing experiences to deserving children and youth in the Ottawa area. We believe that all kids should have access to enriching experiences like arts, culture, and sporting events. Attendance at events like these helps to foster feelings of inclusion and belonging in the children we help. Kids Up Front reaches children in need through our innovative program by distributing tickets, classes, and passes to more than 105 partner agencies in the Ottawa area. Learn more about our program here.
I’m in! Now what?
- Pledge: Make your pledge for any or all of the #SensMotB games using this Pledge Form.
- Share: Tweet your pledge to @SensMotB or share using the hashtag #SensMotB.
- Watch: Keep track of your pledge as you cheer on the Sens.
- Check: See the result of your pledge on This Spreadsheet.
- Donate: Complete your donation to Kids Up Front Ottawa. You are welcome to complete a donation at any time, without making a pledge.
- Humble Brag: Tell all your friends that you’re a philanthropist. Don’t forget to tag #SensMotB.